Sara Shepard’s riveting new series, The Perfectionists, hit the shelves in October 2014. It landed in my hands in December 2014. Instantly, I was captivated by this thrilling new read.
The Perfectionists is about five perfect girls, Caitlin Martell-Lewis, Mackenzie Wright, Ava Jalali, Julie Redding, and Parker Duvall. The girls think they have absolutely nothing in common until they find out they all hate the cruel and conniving Nolan Hotchkiss. They come up with the perfect murder…but they don’t plan on carrying it out. It’s just a joke, right? It was…until Nolan was killed in the same way they planned. But they didn’t do it. Someone else did. But that’s not all. Caitlin, Mackenzie, Ava, Julie, and Parker did do something horrible the night Nolan died. And someone saw everything.
The book is amazing! I literally could not put it down!
GOOD QUALITIES OF THE PERFECTIONISTS (AND THE PLL PARALLELS)
- five relatable protagonists (Emily, Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Alison)
- interesting premise (dead girl comes back from the grave and sends her besties creepy messages)
- creepy young teacher (Mr. Fitz, anyone?)
- disturbed stalker (her name is Ashley!)
- jerky womanizer (Mike Montgomery, Noel Kahn, James Freed, Mason Byers)
- anonymous killer (A)
- mysterious vibe (same)
- creepy male characters in general (Ezra, Ezra, Ezra, and Ezra)